Tuesday, August 10, 2010

a special day is september 8th.

me and Jacob are getting married on Thursday, September 8, 2011. I'm pretty excited about this and I only realized that last night when Etsy delivered our little cake toppers. I'll leave those to the imagination for now but they're freaking awesome, obviously. But I WILL tell you...I was pumped and me and Jacob laughed about how something as simple as a cake topper could really make us feel like this was reallllly happening!!!

WE'RE GETTTTTTING MARRIEDDDDD!!!!!;)

so today I'm thinking...wow, this is going to be the longest day EVER. I have a meeting after work followed by a trip to the 'special place' doctor - OB-gyn. Good times, good times. So how can I make this day pass a bit faster: chewing my nails, painting my nails, working - no, staring off into space for a bit...OH YEAH....searching for fun things that happened in history on September 8th! Ding DING!:)

1504 - Michelangelo's David is unveiled in Florence, Italy at the Piazza della Signoria

1892 - The Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America was written by a former Baptist preacher, Francis Bellamy

1930 - 1st appearance of comic strip "Blondie"

1930 - Richard Drew creates Scotch tape


1932 - Patsy Cline (Virginia Petterson Hensley) is born

1968 - "Funny Girl" with Barbra Striesand premieres

1992 - Howard Stern Radio Show begins broadcasting in Dallas, Texas on KGEL-FM 97.1

So that's really all the interesting, somewhat positive ones I could come up with but there were definitely some not so fun ones in there too. September 8th was also a bad day for some!

1914 - British trader Oceanic sinks off Scotland

1934 - Luxury passenger ship Morro Castle for New Jersey catches fire, 133 die

1944 - Russians march into Bulgaria; Bulgaria declares war on Germany

1977 - Jimmy McCullough quits Wings

1994 - MTV awards feature newlyweds Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley
(yes. This is going in the negative column for obvious reasons)

overall...we pretty much have to make September 8th rock on our own cause nothing in this list is getting me pumped. Except mayyyybe sharing that day with Patsy Cline:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips