Sunday, August 1, 2010

in permanent ink.


me and Jacob had a fantastic weekend!!!! I had off from waitressing on Friday night and this only made it THAT much more clear that I'll love having my Friday nights back someday. So hopefully waitressing will be a thing of the past sooner than later!

saturday I got to do some walking, hanging out with family and then we had a nice day in town together. Went and got matching tattoos, as you can see above! I wasn't really going to post much about it and I probably won't until we get a really great shot of the 2 of us together with them....until then:)
It was a great experience. Jacob's face seriously scared me into thinking I wouldn't be able to go through with it. I mean...the kid was in a good amount of pain! But I have to give him credit for getting this tattoo where we got it...and that's pretty gutsy for his FIRST tattoo:)
I soon found out that his face wasn't lying...he was when he said 'it wasn't THAT bad'. At moments it felt like the needles were vibrating off my rib cage. VIBRATING off the bone. Wow.
It was worth it and it's more than worth it to have this with Jacob. And his reaction has been one that I never would have thought. He's excited about it. Reallllly excited. I can't get him NOT to throw up his shirt at complete strangers. He's proud and I couldn't be prouder to be linked to him forever:)

after the tats we made a quick Menard's stop and then had dinner together. We ended the night with a wedding reception with friends and it was a great time.
I feel like I've been killing it with my most recent wedding reception outfits and it worked out perfectly that I had forgotten my black heels at home because I found these cuties at Target last minute and I think they made the outfit:)
Unfortunately for Jacob he was ridiculed by drunks about his 'cowboy-ish' shirt and addressed only as 'partner' and with a southern accent ALL.Night. Poor kid;)

all in all a great night. Followed up with sleeping in and breakfast at a place in town. We were even seated at the same booth that we sat in when we first started dating. It brought back nothing but good memories and we were happy for the coincidence.

i've said it before and I'll say it again. There are cynics out there that may think that me and Jacob getting those tattoos is silly or even stupid. BUT we believe and isn't that what it's all about?! Isn't believing that what you have is more special, better, stronger than the rest exactly what you need to think in order to keep going? Cause if you don't believe that, well...that kinda sucks...doesn't it?!.
Luckily...an EVERY day luckily...I have Jacob. And he never stops surprising me, amazing me. Just when I think I have it all figured out...Jacob shows me how much better it can be.
SO you don't have to get matching tattoos to feel that way...that's just crazy;) But yeah...we're a lot of crazy and I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips