Thursday, May 10, 2012

we made something perfect:)

only a few hours prior to the first photo below, I was standing in our kitchen at home while having contractions 3.5 minutes apart...telling Jacob we should have stayed pregnant longer;)

within 6 hours...pain I couldn't have imagined (and have so quickly forgotten about already!!)...an epidural...and only 6 pushes in 10 minutes (YES...I'm bragging!!!!;)...we welcomed our first child into this world:')

i'm not even sure where to begin...and I can't right now because I need sleep. There has been none of that for 72 hours (and yes...I realize it will be scarce for the next...foreverrrrrr;).
But what I can say...is that my heart hurt before...at the thought of my family and my life with Jacob. And now when I look at our baby...something we did and have yet to mess up and is so incredibly perfect...I know for certain my heart will never recover:)

UP jacob and I between contractions...

 UP jacob and I during a contraction;) As you can see...one of us is having a bit more fun;)


and then there was a baby:)


homer nicholas scott smith
5/8/12 . 104PM . 7lbs 4-1/2oz . 20-1/2"


there will be more gory details and photos to come in the coming days weeks (hopefully:). I can't wait to share with you how he arrived and how he came to be Homer and a million other photos and stories that are AMAZING to us and boring to you;)


with love:)
the smiths.

13 comments:

  1. He is absolutely perfect! Can't wait to hear all the details...I love that part! Congrats, enjoy, and be prepared for more fun to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Thank You Gina! Things seem to just get better by the minute...can't wait to see you guys!!!:)

      Delete
  2. Perfect....Homer is perfect ! Congrats to you both !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda...can you believe how OFF our instincts were?! I was SURE it was going to be a girl!!!! But yes...Homer is perfecttttttt!!!!:)

      Delete
  3. I'm an emotional mess over here! He's absolutely perfect. Another nephew and cousin for my kids to grow up with. VERY much looking forward to watching you *all* grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW, yup, goosebumps here. :) He's incredible. Totally get the heart-hurt feeling :) SO happy for you two!!! correction, you THREE!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHHHHH! I'm just bursting with excitement to meet this adorable little guy!!! :) He is SO freakin' cute. Seriously. And I bet you have a lot of haters out there given how "easy" your pregnancy and the birth was. But hey, awesome! You should've stuck with your original instincts because in the beginning, you were certain he was a boy! :) Congrats and can't wait to see all of you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Totalllllllly a mini Jacob. Eeeek! :)

      Delete
  6. Casey.. Jacob.. he's absolutely perfect! Enjoy these first days of newborn snuggles and froggy-legged laying on your chest. You think it will be like this forever but the froggy-legged phase passes all too quickly! Snuggle him once (or twice) for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely have a way with words that tugs at a person's heart and tear ducts! Love everything about this post and love the last pictures, he's so perfect! And your happiness is sure contagious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats again! I can't wait to hear about all the details. Homer is perfect! You and Jacob did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats again kids, he is perfect! I look forward to more stories, the good - the bad and the ugly!!! :-)
    You guys have been truely blessed, first with each other and now with your addition...
    Take care, get rest when you can, and take one day at a time....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips