Tuesday, May 15, 2012

week 1:)


we have a one week old. OMG. Seriously. Just typing that and thinking it in my head...it still doesn't seem possible. In so many ways it seems like the last 7 days have flown by. Or not. There have been so many emotions. Probably every one. Crying. Holy Lord. I'm afraid Homer is going to be one sensitive child, seeing as all he sees is us standing over him crying all the time;)

we love him:)


homer had his first appointment today and I think our new family nailed it;)


1/ homer shit twice during the exam!!!!


2/ i didn't really time out his feedings too well prior to the appointment....sooooo he pretty much cried through the entire appointment and because he was so pissed by the end of it...they found us a private room to feed him in before we left;)


BUT Homer did so well, regardless:) He is perfectly healthy and we feel like the luckiest parents in the world:) Even his doctor was seriously impressed with his weight:


7lb 4oz (when he was born 5/8/12)
6lb 12oz (when we left the hospital 5/10/12)
7lb 4oz (at his 1 week appt. 5/15/12)


As Courts said: "right on track for the classic Smith/Zimmerman combo"
We make chubby babies:)

make a gif
UP how the photo shoot reallyyyyyy went down;)

i LOVE the photos we got today and Courts got them in about 10 clicks! Thankfully cause Homer (Jacobbbbb;) was soooo tired! So we didn't have time to get any family ones. BUT soon! And I think we're going with the one week photo and then we'll follow that up with monthly photos...unlesssss I get too anxious and make Homer and Courts take more pics. Which is completely likely;)

and now enjoy an over abundance of Homer photos:):)


 UP jacob and Homer chilling, waiting for the doc:)

 UP so many pretty flowers and cards:)


 UP we have a love/hate relationship with the car seat situation;)







and now that I'm FINALLYYYYY ready for bed...Homer's up and ready to eat:)

night night!:)

10 comments:

  1. he's so darn cute! told you he'd be right on track for a fat baby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A week old already....and yeaper.....he is a cutie !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I think he is a keeper! Love the pictures...especially the one where he is sleeping with his mouth open...I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you Zimmerman girls slept when you were babies, but I can say for certain the open-mouth sleeping is a classic Smith trait! ;) Love the photos and can't wait to stay updated via the blog when I can't be there in person! Love you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't remember any open mouths while sleeping, I should look back, but I do remember them being very good sleepers! So that one we can claim! :) Beautiful pictures, I think he looks more like Casey in these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think there are lots of Casey traits in these pics too! When I got my first picture of him, I thought, "Jacob all the way," but he's changing so quickly already. So fun to see how they grow!

      Delete
  6. love love love this post :) Sorry I feel like all my 'comments' on your blog start the same way these days! But just so many good things happening. Awesome new baby, great photos, lots of love happening, sprinkle in some stuff that makes me laugh and it's pretty darn good.
    And like I said before. LOVE the chair idea. And you guys found thee Perfect chair for that too. :) good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so agree Renee, I just stopped there this morning and he is changing looks, getting chubby! And today I think he looks like Casey! LOL! Tomorrow he'll look like Jacob again! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome young man! You've just made me verrrryyyyyy clucky and I'm 26weeks pregnant! Good luck with everything.
    Ps I found you via instagram I'm Fee/Fiona/ohgorgeousbaby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much!!! I just checked out your blog also! Thanks so much for checking out my blog and commenting:) We are so lucky to have this healthy little man in our lives and SO much luck to you with your 4th!!!!!:):)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips