Friday, January 11, 2013

month 8:)


our boy is eight months old. 

humdy dum. How about that...he aged. Something I've, specifically, told him wasn't allowed. Already rebelling;)

sooooo is it weird that all I've been doing is thinking about death these last few weeks?!?!? Oh yeah. Shit just got deep;) I'm sure it's a whole slew of things:
- just recently closing on our brand new house (that also needs a much needed and expensive whole body make-over...like serious surgery folks;)
- now having 2 mortgages
- selling our car and becoming a one vehicle household
- i'll be turning 30 in just over 3 months
- my child is getting older by.the.minute and there's not a damnnnnn thing I can do about it and the other day I actually starting thinking about what I was going to do for his first birthday and then I passed out...or at least I think I did...I woke up somewhere in the house I didn't remember going (I KID!! I stopped doing that a few years back and it always involved Peach Schnapps;).

oh, Homer. How am I going to explain myself to you someday;)?



these faces just cracked me up;)

and Homer got a Wookie for Christmas from his Uncle Dave and even though that voice/sound coming from it is pure ridiculousness. It's pretty darn hilarious and I think we'll keep him;)


in all seriousness...I try not to think about such serious things, as death. EW. I don't even like saying that. But you have to acknowledge that time is passing by at a rapid pace and Homer has only turned up the speed!!! It's scary:( BUT should be a daily/constant reminder that this is it. We MUST make the best of it...and by make the best of it...don't settle and be HAPPY and do it all and do it well:)

something fun I do with Courts' kids when I pick them up from school is to ask them to tell me something positive that has happened to them that day. And now that we've been doing it for quite some time...they usually start blabbing positivity before I even ask;)
I can usually come up with something amazing to tell them about my day, like: I didn't have to work. It was nice enough for a walk. Homer slept through the night. I showered;)
But then one of the kiddos tells me that they're happy because they had amazing tater tots for lunch and we all high five and yeah...it don't get much better than that:)

i can't wait to do that with Homer:)
  

also...a few tidbits that we've been up to recently:

making Homer some healthy food. Which in turn, makes me feel like a super mom cause it is a bit of work but totally worth it:)

and I'm adding to Homer's book collection all the time! Most recently, You're Different and That's Super. Seeing as Homer came from the likes of Jacob and I...this book will probably come in handy;)

9 comments:

  1. Don't you just loveeeee the baby bullet!! Agreed, tons of work but so worth it :) The little cups with smiley faces are cute as heck too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BEST Baby Shower Gift!!! SO glad we registered for it. I've actually gotten a NutriBullet recently and I think it's gonna work amazing...been making some serious smoothies at the house and I'm feeling more healthy already!!:) AND I think if you don't want to boil hard stuff for the kiddos, you can just use the NutriBullet cause it can do hard stuff!!

      Delete
  2. lovin this happy post. :) what was Homer scared of in that one photo? too cute :) and love the 'positive question'. we do that to. :) love the feel-good stuff for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man. Just looked at that photo again and it cracks me up! I'm guessing he was looking at the kiddos, they like to 'help' make him look at the camera...;)

      Delete
  3. great post Casey, Love all your thoughts on everything. and yes you can't stop any of it so enjoy all the tme you have. I know I am going to. I have been blessed with the most wonderful family and i know i won't change it for anything. Love Mama S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Just trying to enjoy every minute of it:)

      Delete
  4. I keep giggling at the photo where Homer looks like he thinks he's going to die or something by falling off the chair, ha! Hopefully he didn't fall right after the photo. ;) I think about death/loss a lot too, so while it may not be comforting, you 're not alone in those 'weird' thoughts! Anyway, happy 8 months to Homer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! His face kills me!!! Yes, I wasn't sure about even mentioning those 'weird' thoughts but I felt like I couldn't be alone...although, I know I'm a bit strange at times;) BUT glad to hear you can relate!!!:)

      Delete
  5. Love the whole post! And on another note Josiah saw the pictures with Homer and the Wookie and now he wants one for himself that he might share with Jackson, because as he said "that is one cool looking Wookie, if you ever get me a teddy bear I am demanding a Wookie!" So you should probably fill me in as to where to I can buy at one of these :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips