Friday, January 28, 2011

throw it up on the wall.

i've always loved art.com but have never gotten around to ordering anything there. I have a lot of spaces on random walls that I'd love to cover someday but I hesitate cause I'd like to use my/our own photos or artwork of family and such.

but we may want to get a few pieces to get us started and then work around them. Below are a few pieces that I really liked and how I would 'try' to make them work in our hole (aka. home:).

this is something I'd like to have just to frame. Since we will be getting a taste of Spain when we spend time over there for our honeymoon, I'd love to have a reminder of it when we come home every day. Then I could surround it with a few of our own photos from our trip.
this reminds me of Jacob. Obviously he's a meat man. So this clever print would be dedicated to him. It would have to be small in size though. I don't think I'd enjoy walking into the house to this day in and day out.

our baby will more than likely have the privilege of waking up to this face every day. And what a treat...lucky baby:)
just like how tall and skinny it is. Simple. Clean. Nice.

UP left side of the entry. Ignore the insane mess throughout, dad's here doing some work on the place, which is a GOOD thing!
DOWN what I was thinking we could eventually do...keep in mind I'm not a pro at Photoshop so this is as good of an example as I could get for you:)

UP you see that lip in the above picture - upper right part of the photo?! This is another odd space in the entry but what I was thinking we'd do eventually is frame all those 'homemade photo booth' photos we have printed for our guests at the wedding reception.

i plan on printing each guest, that participates in our photo booth, a copy and sending it with their Thank You Card and then I'll print an additional copy for me and Jacob and frame all of them in a long skinny frame. I think this space would be perfect for that:)

UP the right side of the entry
DOWN what I was thinking we could do. Just something simple and long. Not your usual square shape. Maybe not this sort of culture...but something along those lines.

ahhhhh...when I get started on house stuff...I forget ALL about shopping for myself and clothes and shoes and such. BUT it only lasts for sooooo so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips