Thursday, August 12, 2010

give me back my natural hair color.

this photo from Ben Blood is giving me Serious hair envy. That woman can stop what she's doing, put away the bobby pins and I'd be happy for my hair to look just that good on my wedding day!

at the moment I'm struggling with my own hair 'issues'. They are not too bad. It's just that I'm not happy with my color. What I'd hoped would look like a lighter version of my 'natural' hair color, turned out to be something I'm not in love with. And so that triggers my anxiety about immediately getting it changed back but that would involve a 2nd hair coloring appointment in 3 weeks equaling over anotherrrrr $65. This I'm not willing to budge on.

so I cancelled the appointment for the color fix and have decided to just have my sister do a quick box dye. BUT now I'm unsure I'd like to do that. To be honest...I'm not ready to face the wrath of my beautician when she easily reads through my lie...'noooo, I promise...I didn't run to the local store and buy the cheapest box of dye strong enough to suck the life out of my hair and have my very own, under qualified, sister do it!...noooo way, never!'.

i can live with the color I suppose because what's worse is having to deal with this beautician that has somehow become another someone in your life that you hate letting down. That you feel like you're walking on egg shells with when you cancel an appointment because it feels oddly like breaking up with a boyfriend...'I'll just call and reschedule. No, you don't have to put me in the books...I'll call, I promise...I like you, I really do...I just don't have the money right now. I'll call you!:)'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips