Tuesday, October 4, 2011

happy trails:)



honeymoon 2011:)

we've just arrived in Lisbon, Portugal after many, many hours of travel and very, very few hours of sleep. Holy crap. I don't think I've slept since Sunday night:(
BUT we're pushing through. I'll be finishing this post and then we're going to do some walking (it's currently 548PM in Lisbon - 1148AM Wisconsin) and then hit the hay earlyyyyyyyy!:)

this first post will be a bit photo heavy...actually...I think most of them will be. I'll try to stay on top of the posts and photos but I don't want to feel like I'm not LOOKING and seeing and walking...so I will do my best, while trying to stay in the moment:)

the following photos are a few tid bits from Chicago to Lisbon!

enjoy. or desfrutar....as they say in Portugal:)

UP jacob and I at the Chicago Airport (O'hare). The nerves were freaking insane at this point. No clue WHY...but we were on the verge of pooing OR crying...we couldn't be sure of which or why!!!

DOWN before take off...again...poo or cry. No one will ever know (a pact was made between Jacob and I;).


UP flying out at night was gorgeous. The highways looked amazing in the dark!!
I felt like this was a lucky sign:)

DOWN our dinner on the plane. I also watched Bad Teacher AND Hangover 2. Yep...news to me...I can't sleep on a plane. NO matter how exhausted I am. Sad:(


UP as it got light out we could see that it was super foggy but luckily it had no affect on our landing!!!

DOWN breakfast:)


UP i had initially thought we were flying to Germany and then on to Lisbon but that's on our return flight...on the way over we had a 2hr layover in Zurich, Switzerland! Amazing to see the Alps from our seat:)

DOWN I LOVE that we got a Switzerland stamp in the passport. We figure we'll have 5 stamps by the time we get back! Eeeeeeekkkk:)


UP layover in Switzerland. Disapointing to not actually get to SEE anything...but it was a nice quick stop

DOWN BUT if you ever have to stop there...the Apple Juice is not something I would suggest. I've been cravinggggg Apple Juice (damn manatee;) and this was not exactly what one would expect. A good reminder that ours and theirs won't always match up:)


UP our flight from Switzerland to Lisbon was about 2-1/2hrs. Very easy ride and we even got a free lunch. This was our first 'odd' meal. Only because we forgot that now things are going to start to become really unfamiliar. I mean...the apple sauce actually tasted like apples. Bizarre, right!?

DOWN coming into Lisbon!:)

UP and here we sit. Jacob's watching a bit of TV...I'm doing my blog for you fine followers and now I'm going to wrap up so we can get out for just a bit! Eeeeeek. Deeeeppp Breathsssss:)

it's a bit of a dream yet. We still can't believe we're here. We feel like we're in a movie or watching a movie or something. It's just so hard to wrap our minds around yet! BUT in love...yes. We're in love (with eachother;) and (the manatee...ofcourse;) AND the fact that we did this and we're here and this is one of the most amazing things we've done or will do together:)

more to come!!!

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD!!! So jealous already! These pictures are amazing, Casey, and I'm so happy you two are already getting settled in enough to update us on the blog! ;) Have fun and get some sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't even KNOW how excited I am right now! I wish I was there SO bad... man... Dave is going to hear about how he has to take me there for the next month. He'll thank you later ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy mother of fbomb's here! MY heart is racing too! GAWD I am loving these photos! Thank you thank you thank you! :) YAY for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips