Monday, November 5, 2012

halloween happened!


oh, Halloween. I had no real opinion of you prior to having a child of my own. Now I find you...irritating. Maybe;)

all I know is that I'm thankful to not have candy in the house. Why must every holiday revolve around sacks/stockings/bags/buckets of CANDY!? I realize I'm going to sound annoying here. Skip the next paragraph if you find annoying mom's...annoying;)

ANNOYING PARAGRAPH WARNING - A NEW MOM, SAYING NEW MOM THINGS. THEORIES THAT SHE BELIEVES SHE'LL ACTUALLY IMPLEMENT BUT WILL NOT. SHE'LL ACTUALLY GIVE IN AND DO THINGS EXACTLY AS ALL THE OTHER MOM'S DO.
i would like to think that we'll be able to keep Homer from eating too much candy. That's the goal. Maybe stockings full of Disney movies. Easter baskets stuffed with books. Halloween buckets filled with UNICEF donations...is that too much to ask?;)

and now back to me not being completely annoying;)


hello. Spider Man. Shoes on wrong feet. Perfection.


and now we start trying to get some decent photos of all the little rug rats in costume:)


at one point I tried to get the boys to do a little Tommy Boy: Brother's don't shake hands. Brother's gotta hug;)

 and then Baya. Lord.



 this cracks me up. Goofing around one second and all business the next;)

 grandma trying to teach Jax to be a tough football player:)


because we ALL met at mom and dad's place...that meant there were about 7 adults and 10 kids and 3 dogs and that combined in vehicles. I don't think the trick-or-treaters could even see the house;) SO we sent Luke out there to call them in. And that he did!!



homer's Halloween hat was already too darn small. We thought Jax could stretch it out cause he has the biggest head...by a lot;) BUT he refused. SO Luke tried to help:)




 spider man in action:)

















our crew pretty much takes over the streets!!;)




we didn't dress Homer up and take him door to door. Nope, nope, nope:) His aunt, Pigg, had gotten him an adorable onsie that I took some photos in. But otherwise. We just chilled and tagged along with the older kids. I'm beyond happy not to have all that candy in the house because my thighs, teeth and ass would have paid the ultimate price;) BUT it was a good first Halloween for Homer:):)

Oh my godddd. I almost forgot that Jacob missed Halloween cause he was working. And then he decided to mow the lawn after work. WHILE the trick-or-treaters were walking the streets. Mind you, we leave RIGHT in town. On one of the MAIN trick-or-treater streets. Jacob said that he'd rather mow the lawn 10 times than just rake the leaves. No words;)

 damn Gramps wrote on his face with Sharpie. A long standing tradition;)

happy.


out.

when you say Halloween...it reminds me of a little story. One in which my mom allowed Mal, my younger sister, to wear my BRAND NEW WHITE JOGGING PANTS to complete her angel costume. I was a pumpkin that year. Not just any pumpkin...a ridiculously PISSED OFF PUMPKIN. The end.

stories like these make me chuckle cause I am just now realizing that my own kids are going to give me hell. Oh, sooooo badly they are;)

Happy Halloween folks.

3 comments:

  1. TOO CUTE!!! THANKS FOR SHARING ALL THE PICS. LOOKS LIKE FUN WAS HAD BY ALL. MAMA S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding more kids to the mix means more challenges with photo taking. :) Good pics though! I don't have an overly large attachment to Halloween, so I'm with you on some of that 'good mom' stuff you want to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. all good photos happening here. like that we're using our "big camera" ;) also like that I'm actually in some photos... I'm turning into Mom! note: baya... she's a big dumb animal folks...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips