Sunday, April 28, 2013

babies don't stay babies.

funny what 'warnings' you're given before getting pregnant:
- you won't care about that weight once the baby's here
- you won't remember life before the baby once the baby's here
- having a baby inside you is...WEIRD
All of which were true for me.

and then they warn you about havinggggg the baby:
- the contractions are painful but you can do it!!
- push like you gots to shit (best advice I ever received cause I got that baby out in 6 small pushes and 10 minutes...thanks Erin!:)
- it's all worth it and like a tattoo, you'll forget the pain immediately and want to do it all over again right after
Again, all things that turned out true in my experience:)

BUT what about:
- they grow up right before your eyes...in the bat of an eye...

i don't feel I was properly warned or prepared for that to happen. Or so quickly:'(

we went to watch my nephew, Tayt, be the miniature King at the High School Prom last night. He's 6:) Watching all those High Schoolers got me thinking...this will never be Homer. This day is NOT going to come. It can't!! But I fear that I'll go to sleep tonight and wake up tomorrow helping him adjust his tie...


here's a super quick video I threw together! We've taken a few videos since Homer's been born and I'm so glad we have. I really need to remember to do that more often cause these videos are some of my most prized possessions:)

i'm hoping to make a little bit longer one and include his birthday festivities...expect to see that coming in the next month!

enjoy:)


12 comments:

  1. LOVE the video, made me cry! You are doing an amazing job with pictures of Homer growing up!Something to have forever! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it...and thanks for it !!! Keep 'em coming ! bz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will for surely be more to come! Thanks little Brenda:):)

      Delete
  3. Man, make me tear up over here! That was a great video!! I love watching him grow up via video. So cute! (And just one note because I'm sure Court will appreciate time not going faster than it is - Tayt is 6:). He might as well be 50 though with how wise he is! Keep these videos coming. LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! I'm glad you liked it Nae! Damn it...I had a feeling I was doing that math wrong, got it corrected now!:)

      Delete
    2. Don't feel bad. The ONLY reason I remember his age is because he was born on my 21st birthday, ha! Aside from Peyton (whose easy to remember since he was born in 2000), I can't remember the rest for the life of me, ha! Again, great post!!

      Delete
  4. Oh, and sorry to blow up your comments, but just wanted to also say that I love the song you paired with the video! It seemed perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nae:) Took me a while to find something that worked and I thought this one was perfect:):)

      Delete
  5. Love everything about this post...so frickin true!! And the video was very close to having me in tears...and I'm not a crier! I don't have many video's of Jack but I look back at pictures and keep wondering where the time has gone, it seems like we just brought him home from the hospital a couple weeks ago, but instead he turned 1 a few weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't believe our boys are already a yearrrrr! Dang it:( It seriously seems like yesterday that I was in the car headed somewhere and heard you had had Jack and I was like...ME NEXT!!!;)

      Delete
  6. this is amazing! wish I took more videos... new goal: take more videos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips