Tuesday, September 20, 2011

p is for packing...

and procrastination:)

SO I just know at 1AM (after a wedding reception we have that night), the morning we're supposed to be leaving for Chicago...to begin our honeymoon...to Spain...with only a carry-on bag (one for me...one for him:)...I'm going to be in my room, clothes piled to the ceiling on the bed, chocolate milk on the dresser and How I Met Your Mother reruns playing in the background....BEGINNING to pack for our 26 day stay in Portugal/Spain.

uh, yeah. That's how I roll.

BUT that doesn't mean I haven't found some inspiration along the way...or that I haven't designated this Sunday as Practice Packing Day:
- try on outfits (so that I can pack as minimally as possible and still have ALL that's packed work together:)
- pile ALL paperwork together (passports, printed airline ticket/receipt, and randoms - plastic bottles, bags, outlet shiat:)

SO yeah...so much to remember and there is NO room for error. None:) Kinda:)

photos courtesy of A Sorta Fairytale - what I'm loving is the middle girl. Crossover bag, rolled up jeans/capris, sneaks and a nice light sweater. Yep. Need this outfit in Spain for our walking about days:)

photo courtesy of Embarrassment of Riches - i could pretty much just replicate this entire situation.

photo courtesy of Embarrassment of Riches - again...perfection in packing happening here!

and then there's my sad attempt to bring it all together....hmmm. Going to go home and give it a go!!! I'll report back:)

10 - TEN - 10 - TEN daysssssssss:)

4 comments:

  1. Please show me a picture of your packet suitcases before you leave. Because when we came back to WI in July, the Man and I had 3 checked bags plus 2 carry-ons and my extra large purse and the Man's backpack...we were only there for 14 days!!! Granted we did fly Southwest so bags checked for free but we would have had at least 1 checked bag no matter what

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. I know Wendy...it's quite the feat I'm taking on!;) We'll EACH have a carry-on. I'll have a 'large' purse also. And Jacob will have a backpack. I assume...since he can pack much lighter than I. I can put a few small things in his bag too. We.Shall.See.
    BUT since I'll be shopping over there. We're going to have to buy a large bag while we're there and fill that...then check it on the way home:) Eeeeeeek. Wish me luck. And yes...I WILL take photos if I accomplish this;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally loved that middle girl in the top photo before I even read this... man... we're like one person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! love it all. And yes, Agreed on the middle girl too! But yeah, love all the ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips