Wednesday, September 21, 2011

it's in the bag:)

yesterday the weather was good for one thing....well....3 things.
- Napping
- Mock Packing
- Staring into nothingness

have I mentioned how much I despise cold weather!?!? I.HATE.COLD.WEATHER!!!
Consider it mentioned!!!!!

POINT: the mock pack was actually a pretty productive portion of my day and I'm proud to announce....

it ALMOST fits!:)

below are many a photo regarding my Spain packing. Here's the plan...Jacob and I will each have a carry-on bag. Jacob will also have a backpack and I will also have a 'large' purse.

we're hoping that Jacob can pack super light (fingers crossed;) and then I'll be able to squeeze a few extras in his bag.

ALSO. In order to buy anything over there...our tentative plan is to buy a large bag that we can check on the way back. So, obviously, everything should go perfectly;)

okay...enjoy the photos!!!!


UP/DOWN here's my carry-on bag. You can see that everything doesn't quittttteeee fit. But it's seriously close and there may be a few things I'm going to cut from the bag to make some room.

bag - Target (similar)


UP here's everything that I packed.


and now the outfits. What I tried to do was use pieces from my closet that could go with multiple things. The same shirt that could go with a skirt, capris and jeans and so on. SO a lot of the photos will be the same with some slight variation:)

UP a random dress that is easy to pack and takes little to no space. BUT it stands alone so I'm thinking of cutting this...

dress/wedges - Target (but in black)/Target (similar dress:)
jacket - JCPenny
necklace - Etsy

UP/DOWN this dress I just love and would love to take, even though it doesn't work with a lot...I most definitely love it pulled down as a skirt:)

dress - Target
sandals - garage sale $2
(there are some repeats...I won't list them every time:)



UP/DOWN again...another dress I love but works once....BUT I doubt Spain will notice the repeat:) And keeping in mind that these are super thin and great to pack:)



UP/DOWN same thing happening here...a dress that is cute and I have yet to wear and would like to...easy to pack...torn on whether to take it.

jacket - my mom's:)
wedges - Call it Spring (best money I ever spent on my feets:)


UP/DOWN this little cloth skirt is SUPER comfy and can pretty much be worn with anything:)

skirt - H&M
top UP - JCPenny (in black)
top DOWN - Target
purse - Aldo
shoes - Converses (supa' old:)


UP loving the rolled up capris.

capris - A&E (actually long skinny's)

UP/DOWN my cute new top and now I'm starting to question if you can wear ripped up jeans in Spain!? Mind you, we're not going to be IN the big Cities...kinda the outskirt towns...thoughts?

top - PacSun
jeans - supa' old...and I'll love them till the END of time:)


UP this top may or may not go with anything else...I like it...it may not make the cut.

top - Heritage 1981 (similar)

UP i just got some leggings...that I love and KNOW will come in super handy but I wasn't able to make anything else work with them in this group. Crap. SO thinking they could double for hiking and such....and maybe they'll just come in handy at some point!?

top DOWN - H&M (SO many great things that I want to buy right now:)
cardigan - Target (super sale:)
leggings - Target ($8)

UP/DOWN here are my long jeans being added to the mix. I wasssss thinking about cutting these. I can't really give you the thinking behind that but since the weather is going to be relatively nice while we're there (70's during the day and only getting to mid to low 60's at night...so I think I could live without one pair of long jeans...maybe?!).

jeans - Alloy



UP/DOWN just more examples of my long jeans:)


UP/DOWN putting some shorts in there. I think it'll be warm enough for that:)

shorts - PacSun


UP/DOWN loving my maxi skirts! They work with everything and are SUPER comfy:)

skirt - ? can't remember?!!




UP my new favorite top:)

top - Gap


UP/DOWN (OMG...i look herendous in these photos...keep in mind that ALL I did that day was stare into nothingness AND nap;)
Just got this cute top but not really feeling it after sleeping on it....it may get the axxxxxx!

top - PacSun (wasn't able to find the exact one)





UP/DOWN new maxi skirts I got last week. Off color but I like the look:)

skirt - PacSun




UP added a few gray T's too. They'll help with bed and for some hiking and for shopping:)

tops - Target (similar and great prices)

SO there you have it. As you can probably tell. There's a few things I'm undecided about at this point but I think I have a good start and this will basically be the group that I take with me in the end...with just a fewwww changes, whether that be to add or take out a few items.

and now I lost my train of thought. There are SO many new shows coming on right now and I've got one hour to watch some and then off to workkkkkk!!! Eeeeeek.

9 DAYSSSS!!!!:)


5 comments:

  1. Love it ALL. You've got discipline, girl! I have no idea how I'd pack for a trip like yours! I realllly like the short grey dress with blue and white in it, and since you're torn, that's my one for sure "TAKE IT!" recommendation. :) So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Thanks Renee. I think I did pretty well on my first try. Not to cut back just a bit! Love the dress too and stilllll thinking on it. BUT dresses are SO easy to pack:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seriously blown away. SO MUCH GOOD STUFF! I might just have to wait and email you all my faves. I think the Target black maxi is on the top of the list tho.. but they're all great.
    I also love that you've already claimed some of Jacob's bag for your own stuff. heehee. I'd probably do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My advice, with the understanding that I dont exactly know your plans, but you probably figure i'm a damn good packer by now and I've traveled around Europe for weeks at a time... :)

    I love that you are practicing the packing and what you'll bring. Very smart! I think in general your clothing choices are great and you have the right idea-versatile for outfits and weather, cute and comfy. Remember that shoes take up the most space and are heaviest, so pick your shoes very wisely. You will probably be walking a Ton, so make sure they are super comfy! One nice pair for nice dinners out is probably enough, especially if you have another pair of sandals for casual places. Chances are you might pick up a pair on the way too. Do you have rain gear?

    Is this black bag your main bag? Are you carrying it on to make sure you can carry it around Spain? Have you tested it? I'm guessing you will be taking public transportation and walking between locations - you need to make sure you have a comfy bag. Backpacks aren't cute but they are very practical, and comfy, and it would be at the hotel while you're sightseeing, etc. And you can check in your luggage if you're mostly concerned with the intl flight. You don't want a deep bag with only a top opening - serious pain in the butt. Of course I was staying in youth hostels and using trains and buses only, so maybe you're traveling in more style. But I walked a ton and was so glad I had a traveling backpack.

    That's what I can think of for now. Watch out for gypsies and scams, seriously. I got totally played when I was in Italy and my camera and film was stolen.

    Have an awesome time!

    I'm not sure about the ripped jeans, I'd leave them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. B:)

    We'll be staying in 6 diff. cities for about 4 days each. SO the black bag is my carry-on bag and then I'll have a larger 'purse' - with a small purse inside. I'll be using the small purse when wandering the cities and such.

    We don't really plan to take much with us after we get to each destination. We'll check-in at our Hotel/Hostel/B&B and then leave ALL bags there before sightseeing.

    I think at some point we'll buy a larger back that we'll check on the flight back.

    Thank you so much for all the advice and suggestions! I decided to leave the ripped jeans at home! Love them but I think I need to look a bit more put together over there:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips