Sunday, April 22, 2012

because there's a baby.

funny when you get to a point in life when Friday and Saturday nights mean absolutely nothing to you;) I used to count down the minutes to Friday EVERY week. Starting Monday, I was sending out emails to see what we were going to do. Where we were going to go.

not so much anymore! That could have something to do with the fact that I'm 8-1/2 months pregnant. OR that I've matured a weeeee bit. OR that my work schedule has me working most weekends. Regardless...I'm not complaining:) I love that things have slowed down and that I have someone (Jacob) that feels just as content being home as I do:)

POINT: we finished the baby room this weekend! Feels good to have the 'majority' done. And I say majority cause there are a few things I still need to get:
1/ knobs for the dresser
2/ book stops for the baby's book collection
3/ a brighter light
OTHERwiseeeee. We're set:)

UP before

DOWN after

from day 1, our main goal has been to keep things simple. Low key. SIMPLE. And as you can see...it got full fast. But I really do love how it turned out:)






i hung a little mirror that Jacob's mom made us for Christmas.

UP before

DOWN after





while I was doing that...Jacob hung a rod and baskets that I had gotten from IKEA.

UP before

DOWN after


i really think these baskets are going to come in super handy. They are hung right next to the dresser...which will have the baby changing pad on it soon! Then things will be right within my reach when I'm on diaper duty:)



i also used some of the decor I had made for the Baby Shower to make a little mobile for the crib. Because I had the kiddo's help me make some of the decoration...I hated the idea of throwing it away. 

i'm still not 100% sure it's working. Maybe it's a bit...too much!? Too...busy!? But Jacob liked it and I thinkkkkkk I like it too:)

UP before

DOWN during

UP/DOWN after


and that my friends was...part of our weekend. There was also walking, napping, swollen feet, workkkkkk:(, more napping and a large...large amount of panacake consumption:)

2 comments:

  1. Love so much happening in this room. Great job to all of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neen! Hopefully the baby's head doesn't explode...lots going on but I THINK it works:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips