Tuesday, February 19, 2013

7/52

so this man I married...he means the world to me:) I'm not the greatest when it comes to expressing my emotions. Sureeeee, I cry a lot. Like a lot...a lot;) But when shit gets a little serious I usually screw it up by saying something stupidly inappropriate out of sheer uncomfortableness:(

i found a few quotes, pertaining to love and marriage, that i love and agree with fully. Enjoy:)

7/52


DISCLAIMER: puke bag or tissues needed...if this kinda lovey dovey shit gets to you;)


“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” 
 Friedrich Nietzsche


“I don't want to be married just to be married. I can't think of anything lonelier than spending the rest of my life with someone I can't talk to, or worse, someone I can't be silent with.” 
 Mary Ann Shaffer, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society


“After all these years, I see that I was mistaken about Eve in the beginning; it is better to live outside the Garden with her than inside it without her.”
― Mark TwainThe Diaries of Adam & Eve


“Love's about finding the one person who makes your heart complete. Who makes you a better person than you ever dreamed you could be. Its about looking in the eyes of your wife and knowing all the way to your bones that she's simply the best person you've ever known.”
― Julia QuinnThe Viscount Who Loved Me


found via Quotes About Marriage:)


and the one below I found while reading a book and thought was kinda cute:)

"...the most important decision you'll ever make is who you marry. You can take every other decision you'll ever make, add them together, and it still won't be as important as that one. 
Suppose you choose the wrong job, for example. With the right wife/husband, that's not a problem. She'll/he'll encourage you to make a change, cheer you on no matter what.
You have to love her/him more than anything in the world. But she/he has to love you just as much. Your priority should be her/his happiness, and her/his priority should be yours.
That's a funny thing - caring about someone more than yourself. It's not easy. So don't look at her/him as just a sexual object or as just a friend to talk to. Picture every day with the person. Picture paying bills with that person, raising children with that person, being stuck in a hot room with no air conditioning and screaming baby with that person..."
- Harlan Coben, The Final Detail

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the quotes! I pictures all those 'mundane' things with L all the time, and we actually do many of them already, ha! It's great to have someone like that. I'm happy you're happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are adorable Nae:) I love...our loves:):)

      Delete
    2. These quotes are very true...LOVE can be an incredible thing...so happy for your happiness!

      Delete
  2. the Julia Quinn one got me. well played, well played!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all, especially the first 2. So important to be each othere's best friend, gets you thru a lot!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips