Sunday, June 14, 2015

days like these...

"...what if you wake up someday, and you're 65, or 75, and you never got your memoir or novel written, or you didn't go swimming in those warm pools and oceans all those years because your thighs were jiggly and you had a nice big comfortable tummy; or you were just so strung out on perfectionism and people-pleasing that you forgot to have a big juicy creative life, of imagination and radical silliness and staring off into space like when you were a kid? it's going to break your heart. Don't let this happen." 
- Anne Lamott

*quote found via herwelshness on IG*


today was another one of those wonderful summer days...they seem more and more common around these parts. I'm not sure if it's me and my attitude or just the sun and warmth...but I hope know these days will continue appearing:) 

today was my cousin's Baby Shower:) She's due to have a little girl in one month! We're SO sooooo excited for her!!! I'm a huge fan of showers and weddings and all things party/celebration but these baby-related-gig's are most fun with a baby already planted in my belly:):) Just gets me that much more excited about what's to come for us as well:)




i like to take any opportunity we have to get a "sister pic"...although, we are in the same room way more than the average family. Like uhhh-lot more. ANNOYING LUCKY are we - for real:) Annnnd there's bound to be at least one photo-bomber in our lot of 13 kiddos;)


theo daisy photos courtesy of: Courts

theo is my right-hand gal at the moment - and by moment I mean the last 6 months;). Where I go...she goes...in my arms...on my hip. You will not catch me complaining about this. I don't hate having a built-in best friend:):)

buttttt she will go to Me-Moo:) Me-Moo is her only other friend in the world;):) 



i had Courts quickly snap a few photos while we had the beautiful weather and I had put on something other than yoga pants;) I'm so glad I did, especially after reading the quote above. Life is WAY too short not to just DO...or to do silly things like stand in front of the mirror and dissect your body. Jeeesh. I mean, 3 hours prior to this photo I was quoted telling Jacob that this dress made me look like a "hippopotamus" - no offense to hippos, who are freaking AWESOME;).  
Sure...I do feel like my ass is competing my belly for attention...and some days that just isn't the way I want to feel or look. BUT for my baby girl's sake...I need to cut out any negativity about my body that may still exist. Most days...I do love my body...and that includes my body after baby:) Jacob still seems to dig it - I can't go into the details about how I know that...but Ew;)
And good golly, I love being pregnant...and I love food...I also love walks and a very veryyyyy minimal amount of exercise. So basically...fuck it:)


19weeks:)

the kids left with a Prius-sized amount of loot - party decor, flowers and balloons;)


i worked this morning and then the Baby Shower and no naps - and it needs to be noted, NO FITS - for the kids...so we were pretty wiped out by the time we got home but I'm very happy we pushed through. A walk and watermelon and finishing a book by the fire. I meannnnnn...summer, you're killin' it:)



we loved this day and I already love this summer so hard:)

xoxo, The Smith's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips