Wednesday, July 14, 2010

here she be.

i'll start by saying that me and Jacob had a great talk about the 'dress situation'. I was feeling stressed...mostly about the fact that I seem to be collecting dresses at a seriously disturbing rate and I still have a year to go.


but I think I'm good to go with this one. The picture below is just a sneak peek of the top of the $100 dress I found. I was actually killing time between a split shift at work (had to find something to do from 330-5pm). After wandering an Antique Store I took a left out the door and saw a Bridal Boutique. I figured I still had an hour, so what would it hurt.
And yes...it did hurt;) I found this dress on the super sale rack of discontinued dresses and after working up the courage to try the damn thing on....it fit good...real good.


the most odd thing about all this is the fact that I was again reminded that I have a serious sweating problem. I mean...I was sweat-TING when I came out of that dressing room and I can only assume she agreed to take pictures for me (PS. even my iPhone skills, while slick with sweat, rocked in comparison to her shaky hand...so needless to say all her photos were deleted!) because she thought I was super 'special'.


frick. I just get TOO worked up on a normal day and then get me in a bridal store and you're guaranteed to see someone lose total control of their body AND emotions. Arg.


okay...bringing this story back around full circle.
Me and Jacob agreed that a deep breath would help and then we discussed the fact that the dress is seriously not a concern of ours. Of course I want to look better than every biatch in my presence but looking good is all I want. I want to feel good and look good and this dress does that. And all for $100. Yes, I have lowered my standards from that unique dress I had been looking for...and who's to say I may not find it yet.
But all in all. I'm marrying the boy who seems to always mention me looking good after I've just washed all of my makeup off and verbally assaulted the dog...NOT after I've spent too much time picking out an outfit and applying makeup and perfecting my mop. Nope. Not then.


so although I know that it's important to me that I walk down that isle happy that I'm wearing something that represents me...I'm also keeping in mind that I'm walking down the isle towards someone who couldn't care less...In a VERY good way!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips