Friday, July 23, 2010

holy smokes...where's the point.


okay, forgive me for going on clothing rants the last few posts but I've finally managed to find something wedding related to hold my interest. And don't fret, I work tomorrow...which means I should have ample time to blog myself into a coma!!!;)

jcrew obviously rocks. That's that. But what REALLY inspired me to dig around for wedding stuff tonight was the above picture! I'm not going to lie, I'm stressing just a bit about this wedding. Not so much about whether the DJ will show up or if there's a run in my tights or if I do or don't cry OR if it rains, hails or snows...mostly just stressing about us looking freaking ridiculously PERFECT!

i reallllllly want the Thursday ceremony and the Saturday reception to flow. I want you to see details in each night that mesh and tie everything together. Which means I need black details in both nights as well as that super soft wild flower, baby blue feel. I feel like we're CLOSE, SUPER SUPER close..to accomplishing that here.

Silk Chiffon Abigail $195

i'd love to just pick a JCrew dress for the girls, or even 3 or more dresses in specific colors and then just let them pick the style...actually...picking the color and letting them pick the dress might be an amazing idea!!! I'm thinking I love the soft gray and ivory a lot for the girls. I think we can find somewhere else to incorporate our charcoal gray color if need be. BUT JCrew also carries a charcoal gray color...so that's that.
wow. That paragraph seems seriously long and confusing for such a small point. 'Girls, go to JCrew and order any dress in these 3 colors". Point.

Tulipe Bustier Gown $1800
Silk Faille Margeaux $225
Ivory Lace Simona $2500
Cotton Cady Alexa $79.99
photos courtesy of JCrew

OKAY. So rambling aside. The POINT is that from the very top picture you can see that even in different colors...it all comes together. AND it's quite possible that we could bring in some black Thursday night via heels and jewelry and then the girls could very well wear those same dresses on Saturday night but just add some super cute black patterned tights, compliments of me and Jacob:)

so even though JCrew comes out more expensive than your average dress....by only having to buy one...we may be saving ourselves a bit of mola!

SOOOOO. Wrapping it up...coming together...The top picture is something I envision for our day. I want that. Happening. YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips