Tuesday, April 9, 2013

fl love:)

have I mentioned that we'll be heading to FLORIDA soon?!?!?!? 

101 days till SUNNY Florida...not that I'm counting or anything. Nope. Wait. Yes. Yes, I am. I actually have it saved on the Countdown app. on my iPhone;)
We're going to celebrate my cousin's wedding and I couldn't be more excited that we're gonna be there!!!!!:)

with any vacation comes the hope that I'll look flawlessly and, more importantly, effortlessly put together for each event we have while there:) Those events include:

- a plane ride (my baby, Homer - who will be 14mths by then -  is coming with me...my husband, however, will not - eeek.)

- BEACH

- strolling small shops/streets

- wedding:)

so...basically this is what I'd love for our suitcase to be filled with:)



i have been on a few road trips with Homer and he's prettyyyyyy inconsistent...sometimes good...sometimes a hellion. SO I'm not sure how flying will be either. But it will be faster and he can sit with me...and I think it'll be all about timing! Call me crazy, but I can't wait:)

1
this is a tshirt that I'm actually hoping to purchase veryyyyy soon. Maybe tonight. After a glass of wine...or 4;)
Best part about these tshirts: a percentage of profits are donated to multiple sclerosis research

2
liking the idea of something looser for a plane ride but still stepping off the plane wearing something other than jogging pants...I AM a grown-up now;)

3
anotherrrrr of my recent needs wants!!!:) So cute and will keep my hair in line and off my mind during travel.

4
adorableeeee tote. Loving the pop of neon.

5
and the ever loyal converses:)

lets also keep in mind that I actually already own a few of these items! SO my dream list is somewhat a reality...just very altered:) I currently have (variations of) #'s 2, 4 and 5. And like I said above, hoping to have that headband and tshirt by then:)


i know Homer won't realize we're at a beach...or Florida for that matter. But I'm still excited to take him anywhere. I can't wait for him to look back at photos someday and see that we took him to so many amazing places, even before he could remember:)

beach mom
1
a beach blanket for Homer and I...although, we'll actually be sporting the white hotel towels;)

2
i actually got this swimming suit recently and love it!!! Very excited for warm weather here in WI...hopefully by July;)

3
flops are essential.

4
sunglasses are always a good idea:)

5
cute hat but I know I won't invest in anything like this....SO...top knot for the hair and lots of SPF for the face:)


beach baby
6
loving these adorable shorts for Homer! And so excited that he'll be walking (runningggggg) around and really enjoying the water by then:)

7
completely unnecessary but cute;)

8
i reallyyyyy wish that there was a chance in hell he'd keep these on!:)

9
homer would also love this cute striped beach towel but I'll wait till we're IN Florida to break it to him that he gets a white hotel towel too;)




oh. MMMMMMMM. Geeeeeeee. Have I mentioned that I'm pretttttyyyy much excited about this trip?!?!?:):) I've never been to Florida before and am so excited to cross it off the list:)

here are some ideas for walking around the area surrounding our hotel on the beach and there's a possibility we'll be getting to a zoo or aquarium too:)

mom style
1
i may have a slight addiction to maxi skirts! They were so comfy while on our honeymoon and fabulous during my pregnancy with Homer! All around great addition to the wardrobe:)

2
colorful sandals are totally FL:)

3
this was a more recent purchase and I just got it the other day! This is a great hat and I'm determined to give it some use this summer!

4
sunglasses. boom.

5
for my birthday, I bought a similar Vintage Coach Purse through an Instagram store. I'm obsessed with this purse:):)

baby style
6
i'm hoping to get these for Homer's 1st birthday. He's gonna love them;)

7
baby sunglasses. boom.

8
homer has a cute little 'homegrown in WI' tshirt but this one is insanely cute...or is it the baby in the tshirt that I want?;)

9
homer got a little fedora for Easter...he will not keep it on his head!:/ Hoping by the FL trip he'll be more willing:)

i loveeeee these little shorts for Homer! I've found a lot of 2nd hand shorts for Homer over the last couple weeks, so we're lucky to be pretty set for warmer weather:)




and then there will be the wedding:):) I'm so happy for my cousin and am beyond happy to be able to be in FL to help them celebrate this amazing occasion! I love love weddings...especially a wedding outside of the 4 places we attend weddings at in our hometown;)

1
simple. Loving the color and for some reason I need want some gold heels now and this dress would give me the perfect excuse to do that;)

2
i doubt that this shape would look very good on me but maybe with a heavy/long necklace?? And I could still pull off the gold heels with this...and comfy for chasing that child around cause you knowwwww he's gonna be everywhere but by my side;)

3
this may not be ideal for baby chasin' but it's been a favorite of mine for quite some time. And I'm a sucker for the yellow right now:)

4
simple. Liking the long necklace...just loving cause it's long and easy.

5
the color - BLUE - got me:) And, again, I think gold heels could work!!


so right now I'm feeling exhausted and overwhelmed by my own wants;) Rest assured that I will go to bed and wake up not having purchased anything and go on about my day, relatively, debt free;) Some people dream about fancy cars and expensive electronics. I tend to lean towards fashion and travel:)

florida...here Homer and I COMEEEEEE!:)

6 comments:

  1. Well if you get all of it put together, you are gonna the most stylish and prettiest gal there. And litttle Mr. Homer will be so handsome. Mama S

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me excited for my FL trip too!!!!! :) It will be great to put some of these looks together. I'd have to go ahead and agree with my mom on this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought my kids babiator sunglasses. I have high hopes for them. Review are great. So far neither kids likes them on. No suprise there. HOWEVER they are VERY kid friendly. They are SUPER bendy. NOT hard plastic like most kids sunglasses. I basically put them on the kids when we go for a walk and let them play with/chew on/ bend in ways that make me think they are going to snap in 2/ sit on them/ drop them on the ground. They are still in 1 piece. I am hoping with prolonged repeated exposure to the sunglasses that adventually (sooner than later) they will be used to them and leave them on their faces. HOWEVER- I wish that they were made in different styles. JEALOUS of your trip to florida!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent tip!!! I looked into them and they look adorable too!!! Can't wait till Homer starts leaving things ON that I put on him!!!!!!;)

      Delete
  4. loving all of this. patiently waiting for Floridddddaaaa!!! also, I need, yes NEED, that Wisconsin tee. I think it would fit in nicely with the style I have going... jeans and tees. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. also... LOVE those baby Sailor glasses!
    http://bleubirdvintage.typepad.com/blog/2013/04/bleubird-for-bonlook-kids.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips