Monday, July 14, 2014

choose joy.

more and more lately...maybe turning 30 - although, my husband just reminded me that I'm 31 and so now he's dead;) - maybe having children, maybe just life in general...has made me think about what I really want out of my days. What they say about the days passing slowly but the years quickly...painfully accurate.

most importantly...I want to see my husband and children smiling. I want to feel less of the weight of 'expectations' on my shoulders - and by expectations (because those are good to have:) I mean...the longggggg ass To Do List I've created in my mind for the fixer-upper we call Home:).



i've been thinking a lot about what's most important to us, as a family...to me...because this can mean a million different things to a million different people. 
What I want my children to remember and what I remember as a child. I can't say I remember much about the clothes I was wearing, the parties I went to, what the kitchen looked like, if the house was finished...but I do remember the time we spent together. And we did a lot of that:) 

when I really stop to think about it...my priority is to spend time with my family. To worry less about what's getting done on the house and more about what vacation/getaway we'll be taking next! That's not to say that I never want to come back to putting time into our home and making it Pinterest-worthy or that I wouldn't love to open up my own little vintage shop one day. But for now...

...  

i know it's not always easy to just wake up and make the best of TODAY but Jacob and I are more determined than ever to find financial freedom, try to be more healthy (I'm runningggggg...like for real - follow me on the Nike+ App under caseymsmith:). To start each day with a smile...and to make today...a good one:) I just want to be happy and I know that I can't finish the house this second or put a million dollars in our bank account but there are SO many smaller things (that add up to be huge things) that we can change on our own.
I also know that now just happens to be a good time for us to start making these changes. I'm cutting more hours at work. I'm going back to working every other weekend and holiday but in exchange I'll be able to spend my week days with the kids and be available for Jacob. For quite some time I've wanted to stay home with the kids full-time. This may be as close as I can ever get to doing that but I feel fortunate that I'm getting this time with them, as very few do. 

i love that I'm not the only one feeling this way. Below are some links and some truly inspiring videos and words if you're looking to put some more positive thinking in your life. Keep trying to find your happy:)





i could watch this video daily. It really spoke to me and is pretty much what I'm trying to say here. 
Thank you for sharing Karey...I needed this:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips